Thursday, November 20, 2008

Holiday Scents

With the Holidays upon us, I thought I'd post about Candles---there are so many great seasonal scents out there (and they make great gifts)! Aside from standard fire safety measures, be sure to properly maintain your candles. I recently learned about candle maintenance myself! Don't worry, there are only a couple of things to keep in mind:

  • Keep wick(s) trimmed to 1/4” at all times
  • Burn only in 3-4 hour increments

Following these simple candle maintenance rules will help your candles burn longer and are essential for a clean, smoke-free burn. (If your candle does smoke, extinguish, trim wick & re-light).

My favorite candles are from Nouvelle Candle Company in Louisiana. I love them year 'round but their special Holiday Scents are the best! They come pre-wrapped and ready to give. Try Mandarine Spice or Savannah Holly...

And...Keeping up with the blogging is quite a task. I've been so busy (who isn't?) but I'm going to make an effort to try and blog weekly---an early New Year's Resolution!

No comments: